Backup and Restore of MySql database with phpMyAdmin
We install phpMyAdmin on our VPS/Dedicated serverd upon request.
If your account uses Plesk, Plesk provides phpMyAdmin as: DBadmin
Log onto your Plesk Control Panel, click on your domain name, then on Services/Databases
Select the database you want to work with, then DB WebAdmin.
(You need to allow pop-ups as this will open a new Window in your browser.)
Backup of Mysql database.
- Open phpMyAdmin/DBadmin.
- Click Export in the Menu to get to where you can backup you MySql database.
- Make sure that you have selected the database to export and to export your entire database, and not just one table. There should be as many tables in the export list as showing under the database name.
- Select"SQL"-> for output format, Check "Structure" and "Add AUTO_INCREMENT" value. Check "Enclose table and field name with backquotes". Check "DATA", check use "hexadecimal for binary field". Export type set to "INSERT".
- Check "Save as file", do not change the file name, use compression if you want. Then click "GO" to download the backup file.
Restoring a backup of a MySql database
- To restore a database, you click the SQL tab in phpMyadmin/DBadmin.
- On the "SQL"-page , unclick the show query here again.
- Browse to your backup of the database.
- Click Go.