Creating Personas for handling aliases or external email addresses
A Persona is the mail identity used in the From field of email messages you send.
Creating different mail identities allows you to use multiple email addresses from your mailbox. You might want to do this to manage the email aliases different roles in your job and personal life from this single email account.
The default account name is defined in the primary identity.
- Browse to http://mail.his.com (or http://webmail.his.com)
- On the login page, select the Version: Advanced (Ajax), to get the full set of features
- Proceed with login: enter your @his.com username or email address and password.
- Click on the Preferences tab.
- In the left menu click on Accounts.
- Under your main account Name, click Add Persona.
- In the Persona Settings section enter a name for this persona. This name is used to identify the persona in the From list when composing an email.
- In the text box below From: type the name that should appear in the From field of your outgoing email messages (for example, John). This is the friendly name that is shown before your email address. In the second box, select the email address to send messages from. Depending on your account configuration you may be able create another address. Do this next.
- If replies should be sent to a name and address different from that which you configured in From, check Reply-to. Enter the name and address that should receive replies for this identity. For example, replies to training messages John sends should be sent to Team Training at email@example.com.
- You can select a signature to use for this persona. If you have not created the signature, you can come back and edit this persona later. If you do not want the signature to be applied automatically, select Do Not Attach Signature.
- If you want messages in specific folders to automatically use this persona, check Replying to or forwarding messages in folder(s). Click the folder icon to select one or more folders from the list of existing folders or to create a new folder. Type a comma or semi-colon to separate folders entered in the box.
- Click Save to save this persona.