Keeping your domain registration contact information up to date
It is important to keep the administrative contact information for your domain up to date so you will receive renewal/expiration notices. Many domain owners have lost their domains by failing to keep their contact information up to date, which resulted in them not getting the it's-time-to-renew notices, and somebody else snapped up the domain when the registration lapsed. We'll try to remind you when it's time to renew also, but if your contact information is really out of date and we can't contact you either, we won't be able to help.
We use OpenSRS to handle domain registrations. Assuming that your domain is registered through HIS/OpenSRS, here are instructions for updating your conact information:
Case #1: The Administrative Contact has changed for your Domain Name, but the email address remains the same:
- Send a request to email@example.com to send you your username/password information at the Administrative Contact email address.
- Then access your Domain Management Tool and modify the Administrativce contact information.
Case #2: The Administrative Contact has changed for your Domain Name, and you don't have access to the email adress on record.
Administrative contact email address changes have to be requested directly at OpenSRS. HIS can not modify this information for you:
- Fill-in this Administrative Contact Address Change Form (PDF document) and fax it to OpenSRS: 1-416-531-2512.
- Allow a few days for them to update the email address, then send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org to send you your username/password information at the new Administrative Contact email address.
- Access your Domain Management Tool: https://manage.opensrs.net/ and modify the Administrative contact information.