Setting Up Email in Outlook 2010-2016
Before you start, make sure you have the following information:
- Your email address.
- Your email password
- The server name hosting your email account.
- Start Outlook and the Microsoft Outlook Startup Wizard will display. Click Next.
- The Account Configuration dialogue box will display E-mail Accounts asking if you would like to configure an E-mail account. Verify that Yes is selected and click Next.
- On Auto Account Setup dialogue box select Manually configure server settings or additional server types and click Next.
- In the Choose Service dialogue box verify that Internet E-mail is selected and click Next.
- On the Internet E-mail Settings dialogue box enter the following information:
- Name: Enter your name (e.g., Jane Doe).
- E-mail Address: Enter your Full Email Address: <username>@<your-domain.xxx>.
- Account Type: IMAP.
- Incoming mail server: Enter the server name: psaXXX.his.com>.
- Outgoing mail server: Enter server name: psaXXX.his.com>.
- User Name: Enter your Full Email Address: <username>@<your-domain.xxx>.
- Password: Enter your password.
or or for older versions: SSL with Incoming Server Port number 993.
or for older versions: SSL and Outgoing Server Port number is 465.
Set the IMAP Root folder:
- Click the File tab, then Account Settings
- Choose your e-mail account, then click Change
- Click More Settings
- Click the Advanced tab
- In the Root folder path type INBOX
- Click OK and Next to save your changes