Setting Up Android Phone to connect to a Plesk-hosted email account
NOTE: The steps to set up email on your Android device might be a little different depending on your make/model and your network provider. However, all the information you need to set up your account (username, password, server settings) is in these steps.
To Set Up Email on Your Android-based Device
- Open your device's email application.
- If you already have an email account set up, press Menu and tap Accounts. Press Menu again and tap Add account.
- Type your Email address and Password, and click Next.
- Tap IMAP.
- Use these settings for your incoming server, depending on the type of email you have:
IMAP (Incoming Server) Username Enter your full email address: <username>@<your-domain.xxx>" Password Enter your email account password. IMAP server Use the Plesk Server Name: psaXXX.his.com SSL/TLS On Port 993
- Use these settings for your outgoing server:
(SMTP (Outgoing Mail Server) SMTP server Use the Plesk Server Name: psaXXX.his.com SSL/TLS On Port 465 Security type None
- Select Require sign-in and make sure your Username (your full email address) and Password are correct. Tap Next.
- Tap Next again. Name your account and enter the name you want to display on outgoing messages.
- Tap Done.
If everything is working OK, you should see some email messages. To make sure you can send messages, compose an email and send it to yourself.