Setting up Mac Mail to connect to Zimbra
Make sure you have all the information you need to set up your account. If you don't, contact HIS Support. You will need to know:
- Your real name (e.g. Jane Doe).
- Your full email address.
- Your password.
- The address of your Zimbra mail server: va.his.com or dc.his.com or sterling.his.com
Manually configuring Mail
- Open Mail (click it on the Dock or open it from the Applications folder).
- If the "Welcome to Mail" assistant does not appear, choose Add Account from the File menu.
- Fill in:
- Full Name: Enter your name: Jane Doe.
- Email address: Enter your Full Email Address: email@example.com.
- Password: Enter your password
Note: If this is the first account you set up, Mac Mail will search for the his.com email servers. You will get a prompt saying "Can not verify his.com". Click on the View certificate, verify it is issued to "*.his.com", and click continue. Your email account password will be stored in Keychain and used automatically to login to your email account when you open Mail.
- Deselect "Automatically set up account" if it is enabled. Click Continue to proceed.
- Account Type: IMAP.
- Description: Give your account a useful description such as "HIS mail account" or your name: Jane Doe.
- Incoming Mail Server: va.his.com or dc.his.com or sterling.his.com
, User Name and Password. Click on Continue to proceed.
If prompted, enter your Incoming Mail Security settings. Click Continue to proceed.
- For Outgoing Mail Server enter a useful description such as "HIS Outgoing Mail Server".
- Click on Outgoing Mail Server details for va.his.com or dc.his.com or sterling.his.com.
- Change the Server Port to 587.
- Select "Use Authentication" and enter your Email address and Password. Click Continue to proceed.
- Verify your settings in the Account Summary. Check Take account online. Click Create to complete the process.
After completing these steps you should be able to send and receive email via this account. If you can't send or receive email, contact HIS Support for assistance
Have your email password on hand.