Securing a Web site using a Free LetsEncrypt Certificate in Plesk Onyx
Since we've upgraded your VPS to Plesk Onyx it's really easy, here is how to do it if you want to do that yourself:
- Click on Subscriptions on the left-side Menu
- Select the domain’s subscription in the list
, click to Open the Management page.
Step 1: Generate the Secure Certificate
- Under the domain Website&Domain-> More:
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on LetsEncrypt.
- Fill-in the required fields:
-- Make sure the correct email address is listed- by default it is the subscription’s owner’s.
-- If needed, check to include the www as the alternative domain name for the SSL certificate if this is the preferred domain you are using for the web site.
Make sure it matches the choice you’ve made as “Preferred domain” under Website&Domains->Hosting Settings
- Click Install.
When the certificate is generated, you will see a banner on top of the page saying “Information: Let's Encrypt SSL certificate was successfully installed on the domain.com.
Step 2: Configure the Domain to use the Secure Certificate
- Under Website&Domain click on "Hosting Settings”
- Scroll down to the Security part.
- Make sure the “SSL support” is checked and shows the Lets Encrypt certificate for the domain in the Certificate field.
If this is not the case:
Check “SSL support” and select the correct certificate if needed and scroll down to click OK.
Step3: Redirect all web traffic for the domain to HTTPS
- Under Hosting Settings > Under Security section click on Permanent SEO-safe 301 redirect from HTTP to HTTPS.
- Click OK to apply any changes to the domain Hosting & SSL settings.