How to Install Wordpress in Plesk 12
- Log into your Plesk Control Panel.
- On the right side menu under the Websites & Domains tab, select Applications then WordPress to access the WordPress toolkit
- On the WordPress Installation screen select Install Custom from the dropdown menu. The Application will be downloaded. It may take a few minutes.
- Accept the terms of license agreement and click Next
On the Installation of WordPress screen you will be given a series of options the steps below are the preferred options when using this toolkit.
1 By default it will offer to install WordPress in the root directory. If you do not want to install WordPress in the root direct you can simply add a directory name.
- Create an administrative user.
- Administrative Username:For security reasons we recommend that you don't use just "admin" as your administrative user when you create an administrative account. Instead you can use use admin followed by your site name.
- Administrative Password: Generate a random password of at least 8 characters in length.
3.Supply your site Administrator's email
You can use the existing database name or change it if you prefer.
(Optional) Create database table prefixes, this would be beneficial if you are planning on creating a WordPress multisite install. At the time of writing, a bug in Plesk creates a random prefix despite what you may type in this field.
Site name: Supply a Title for your blog or web site: Site name
- Leave the default database name as it is generated automatically.
- Leave the default database user name as it is generated automatically.
- Generate a random password of at least 8 characters in length. It should be different than your WordPress administrator account password then re-type it in the Confirm password dialog box.
- Click Install.
?WordPress will be installed in the directory you specified.
You will presented with a summary of the WordPress installation and you can access the site by clicking the Login link to access the Wordpress Dashboard as administrator.