Pro: Setting up Microsoft Outlook (Windows) with Zimbra 8.x Connector (ZCO)
The Zimbra Connector for Outlook (ZCO) allows your users to use Microsoft Outlook to synchronize Mailbox, Calendar, Contacts and Tasks.
It is available on our Zimbra Pro accounts.
Make sure your version of Outlook is supported.
Make sure Outlook is closed before installing ZCO.
- Make sure your Antivirus software is disabled during the initial sync.
Setting up Microsoft Outlook with ZCO
Download the Zimbra Connector for Outlook (ZCO). (Please ensure Outlook is closed when installing the ZCO (Zimbra Connector for Outlook)
ZCO 8.8 Download links:
- Zimbra Connector Outlook (220.127.116.113) – Windows 32-bit
Download the Zimbra Connector for Outlook installation guide, available at: User Instructions Connector for Outlook
Follow the instructions in the guide, using the following settings when prompted:
- Server name: your mail server hostname (zmail.his.com or zmail2.his.com).
- Use Secure Connection: Check.
- Email address: your full email address, e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password: As provided
Once configured, Outlook with ZCO will start to sync any emails, contacts and calendar items it finds on the Zimbra server.
If yo a're setting up multiple Outlook clients, consider staggering the client setups so that they don't all sync at once and saturate your Internet connectivity.