Pro: Setting up Microsoft Outlook (Windows) with Zimbra Connector for Outlook Synchronization (ZCO)
The Zimbra Connector for Outlook Synchronization (ZCO) allows your users to use Microsoft Outlook to synchronize Mailbox, Calendar, Contacts and Tasks using the Zimbra Connector for Outlook for older versions of Outlook
It is available only for our Zimbra Pro accounts with Exchange Web Services (EWS) enabled.
Make sure your version of Outlook is supported.
All installations of Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office must have the latest updates from Microsoft.
Make sure Outlook is closed before installing ZCO.
Make sure your Antivirus software is disabled during the initial sync.
- If you are setting up multiple Outlook clients, consider staggering the client setups so that they don't all sync at once and saturate your Internet connectivity.
Setting up Microsoft Outlook with ZCO
1- Close Outlook.
2- Download the Zimbra Connector for Outlook (ZCO). As of 2-03-2019: Version 8.8.10 GA
ZCO 8.8 Download links.
- Zimbra Connector Outlook (188.8.131.528) – Windows 32-bit
3- Open the Zimbra Connector for Outlook installation guide
4- Follow the instructions in the guide, using the following settings when prompted:
- Server name: your mail server hostname (zmail.his.com or zmail2.his.com).
- Use Secure Connection: Check.
- Email address: your full email address, e.g. email@example.com
- Password: As provided
Once configured, Outlook with ZCO will start to sync any emails, contacts and calendar items it finds on the Zimbra server.