Enabling Secure Connections in iPhone/iPad
To Enable Incoming Email (POP/IMAP) SSL
From the Home screen, tap Settings.
- Tap Accounts & passwords (Or Mail, Contacts, Calendars on older devices) and choose the desired email account.
- Tap your account name again if nneded
- Scroll down and tap Advanced.
- From the Incoming Settings menu, slide Use SSL to ON.
- Authentication = Password
- Tap Server Port and make the following change:
For IMAP - 993
For POP - 995
- Tap Account at the top to go back
To Enable Outgoing Email SSL
- From the SMTP menu, tap the primary outgoing server for the account. This will be the server name assigned to your domain.
- Next to Use SSL, tap ON.
- Tap Server Port and change the port to 587. Wait until the phone verifies it. You can also use port 465
- Tap Account at the top to go back.
- Tap Done
You may need to restart your iPhone for the changes to take effect.