Setting Up Email in Outlook 2007
Start Outlook 2007 by double-clicking its desktop icon or by selecting it from the Start Menu. What happens next depends on whether you have opened Outlook previously.
If this is the first time you open Outlook 2007, an Outlook 2007 Startup
wizard will open automatically.
On the first screen of the wizard, click
On the E-mail Upgrade Options screen, select the second option Do not Upgrade. Click Next. On the E-mail Accounts screen, click Yes when asked if you want to set up an e-mail account. Go to step #2, below.
If you have started Outlook 2007 before, click the Tools menu
at the top of the Outlook Window, then click Account Settings. In this
new window, select the New... on the E-mail Tab. Microsoft
Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP should already be selected. Click
Next. Go to step #2,
Under Choose E-mail Service select Internet E-Mail and click Next.
The Internet E-mail Settings screen appears.
- Under User Information, enter your personal name as you would like it to appear on email coming from you.
- Enter your email address.
- Under Server Information select Account type, either POP3 or IMAP depending on which type of mailbox you use. Use use POP3 if you check your mail from one computer. Use IMAP if you check your email from multiple locations.
- Entermail.his.com for Incoming mail server, and mail.his.com for Outgoing mail server.
- Under Logon Information, enter your email address for User Name and the password for that account.
- Confirm that Remember password is checked.
Select the Outgoing server tab and check the box My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and click OK.
Click Next, and then click Finish .