Setting Up Email in Outlook 2010-2016
See this Plesk Support article: Adding an email account with secure connection in Outlook (Manual setup)
Before you start, make sure you have the following information:
- Your email address.
- Your email password
- The server name hosting your email account.
- Start Outlook and the Microsoft Outlook Startup Wizard will display. Click Next.
- The Account Configuration dialogue box will display E-mail Accounts asking if you would like to configure an E-mail account. Verify that Yes is selected and click Next.
- On Auto Account Setup dialogue box select Manually configure server settings or additional server types and click Next.
- In the Choose Service dialogue box verify that Internet E-mail is selected and click Next.
- On the Internet E-mail Settings dialogue box enter the following information:
- Name: Enter your name (e.g., Jane Doe).
- E-mail Address: Enter your Full Email Address: <username>@<your-domain.xxx>.
- Account Type: IMAP.
- Incoming mail server: Enter the server name: psaXXX.his.com>.
- Outgoing mail server: Enter server name: psaXXX.his.com>.
- User Name: Enter your Full Email Address: <username>@<your-domain.xxx>.
Password: Enter your password.
Set the Incoming Server Encryption Type to STARTTLS and Incoming Server Port number is 143,
or or for older versions: SSL with Incoming Server Port number 993. On the Internet E-mail Settings dialogue box select the Outgoing Server tab Set the Outgoing Server Encryption Type to STARTTLS and Outgoing Server Port number is 587,
or for older versions: SSL and Outgoing Server Port number is 465. Check the checkbox My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication. The radio button reading Use same settings as my incoming mail server should be checked. Click OK, and then click the Advanced tab. Extend Server Timeouts to 5 minutes.
The account will self-test. Click OK or Close, and then click Finish.
Set the IMAP Root folder:
- Click the File tab, then Account Settings
- Choose your e-mail account, then click Change
- Click More Settings
- Click the Advanced tab
- In the Root folder path type INBOX
- Click OK and Next to save your changes