Enabling Secure Connections in Entourage for Mac
This article is for legacy purpose only: Entourage was replaced by Outlook for Macintosh in Microsoft Office for Mac 2011, released on October 26, 2010 it is not supported anymore. here is how to enable secure connections in Entourage for Mac
- Open Entourage.
- From the Tools menu, select Accounts.
- Click once on the name of your HIS account. This will highlight the account.
- Click on the Edit button at the top of the Accounts window. DO NOT click on the edit menu at the very top of the screen.
- In the "Receiving Mail" section, choose "Click here for advanced receiving options"
- For IMAP: Click the box for "This IMAP service requires a secure connection (SSL)" and "Override default POP port" and enter 993 in the text field
- For POP: Click the box for "This POP service requires a secure connection (SSL)" and "Override default POP port" and enter 995 in the text field
- Close the advanced receiving options popup window.
- In the Account Settings tab at the bottom of the Edit Account window, it should show the name of your HIS mail server in the SMTP server box - no changes here.
- Click on the Click here for advanced sending options button underneath the SMTP server box.
- Place a check in the box next to SMTP server requires authentication.
- Place a check in the box next to SMTP server requires secure connection (SSL).
- In the Override default SMTP port: field enter either 587 or 465, then select OK.
- Make sure "SMTP Server requires authentication" is checked, along with "Use same settings as incoming server".Click on the very small close box in the upper-left corner of this settings window to close it.
- Click the OK button to close the Edit Account window, and then close the Accounts window. Secure connections using SSl have been enabled.