Setting up iPhone/iPad Mail App (IMAP)
We recommend using IMAP for checking mail from different device.
Make sure you have all the information you need to set up your account. If you don't, contact HIS Support.
This information was provided when your email account was setup.
You will need to know:
- Your real name (e.g. Jane Doe).
- Your full email address.
- Your password.
- The address of your Zimbra mail server: XXXX.his.com (where XXXX is the Zimbra server name)
Configuring Mail on the iPhone or iPad:
- From the Home screen go to Settings > there depending on your phone iOS scroll down until you see either: Mail, Contacts, Calendars or Accounts & Passwords or just Mail on the latest iOS
- Select Accounts, then Add Account
- Scroll down and click on Other
- Select Add Mail Account then IMAP, then Add Mail Account
- Enter all of your relevant email account details:
- Name: Your name as you want it to appear.
- Email: your full email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Username: email@example.com.
- Password: your email password.
- Description: It will be automatically filled. You can change it if you like.
- Tap Next.
- A list of settings will appear.
- Under Incoming Mail Server:
- Host Name: Enter the mail server name .It should look like: XXXX.his.com.
- User Name: Enter your full email address .It should look like: firstname.lastname@example.org. .
- Password: Enter your email account password.
- Under Outgoing Mail Server
- Repeat the same information.
- Enable SMTP Authentication (it is not optional)
- Username: Your Full Email Address
- Password: Your current email password
- Use SSL/TLS: Yes
- Server port: 587 (or 465)
- Authentication: Password
- Choose what information you want to sync with your phone: Slide to sync "Mail, Notes".Note: IMAP does not sync calendars or contacts
- Tap Save. Your account will now appear in the or "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" or "Accounts & passwords" section in your Settings. Your iPhone or iPad should now automatically send and receive email messages from your mailbox
If you have problems sending mail
See: Enable SMTP Authentication for iPhone/iPad
- HIS recommended Email Port Numbers
- Problem sending mail: Enable SMTP Authentication for iPhone/iPad