Zimbra 2FA: How to set-up 2-Factor Authentication for your HIS-Hosted Zimbra email account
2-step or 2-Factor Authentication is an extra layer of security for your email account. With it enabled, to log into your Zimbra account, you need your password (One thing you know) and a code generated by your smartphone (One thing in your possession).
See the 2FA Authenticators Zimbra supports .
To setup 2-Factor authentication in your Zimbra email account:
- Login to your webmail account: https://zmail.his.com/)
- Once logged in go to Preferences > Accounts.
- Scroll down to Primary Account > Account Security.
- Click on the link: Setup two-step authentication.
- Click on "Begin Setup".
- Provide your email account password, then click Next: It will display a Key: Keep that open and write it down.
The next steps happen on the new device:
- If needed: Install an authentication application on your SmartPhone.
- Launch the Application on your SmartPhone. We will use Google Authenticator as example:
- Click + to add a new account
- Enter your email address
- Click on Enter Key and enter the Zimbra key displayed at step #6, then click Next.
- Enter the code displayed by the Application for this account, then click Next.
- If you entered the code correctly you should see a message saying Success!
You are all set: The authentication app will now generate the codes for your email account.