Enable SMTP authentication for Outlook 2016-2019
Applies to: Plesk-Hosted email.
Enabling SMTP authentication.
- Open Outlook
- Click on the Files menu tab and select Account Settings. The Account Settings box appears. Select Account Settings again.
- Select your email account in the list, it might be labeled with your name of domain.
- Click on the account to highlight it, and click on the Change icon above it: The Internet E-mail Settings appear.
- Under the Server Information section, in the box marked Outgoing mail server (SMTP) check that it is set to your Plesk server name (psaXXX.his.com) or Zimbra server name (xxx.his.com)
- Click the button More Settings... in the lower right-hand corner. The Internet Email Settings box appears.
- Click on the tab Outgoing Server.
- Click the check box My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication, and verify that the box Use same settings as my incoming mail server is selected.
- Click the Advanced tab
- Change the Outgoing server (SMTP) from 25 to 465 *. Click OK.
- Make Sure Encryption is set SSL/TLS for port 465
- Click OK to close the Internet Email Settings box.
- Click the Next button to test your settings.
- Click the Finish button to close the Internet E-mail Settings box.
- Click the Close button to close the Account Settings box.
SMTP authentication has now been enabled.