Setting up Android Phone to connect to Zimbra (IMAP)
Before you start make sure you know know:
- Mail server name: mail.his.com or zmailx.his.com.
- Username: That would be your full email address.
- Email account password. Test by login successfully to https://webmail.his.com
To Set Up Email on Your Android-based Device
- Open your Android device's email application.
- If you already have an email account set up, press Menu and tap Accounts. Press Menu again and tap Add account.
- Type your Email address and Password, and click Next.
- Tap IMAP.
Use these settings for your incoming server, depending on the type of email you have:
- IMAP (Incoming Server)
- Username Enter your full email address.
- Password Enter your email account password.
- IMAP server Use the Server Name: mail.his.com or zmailx.his.com
- SSL/TLS On
- Port 993
Use these settings for your outgoing server (SMTP:
- SMTP server Use the Plesk Server Name: mail.his.com
- SSL/TLS On
- Port 465
- Security type None
- Select Require sign-in and make sure your Username (full email address) and Password are correct. Tap Next.
- Tap Next again.
- Name your account and enter the name you want to display on outgoing messages, like "Firstname Lastname".
If everything is working OK, you should see some email messages. To make sure you can send messages, compose an email and send it to yourself.