Adding an email address to your Whitelist list on spam.his.com
If some messages from a legitimate source get held in quarantine or flagged with **, you can add them to your Whitelist Senders list on spam.his.com.
To do that:
- Go to your spam quarantine, either:
- If the message appears in the daily spam summary, click on the "Whitelist" link.
- If the whitelist link did not work, or the message shows up in your Inbox prefixed with **, add it manually to your Whitelist:
- click on one of the links in the quarantine report email to access your spam quarantine. or
- login to https://spam.his.com using your email address and password.
- Click on Preferences then Whitelist/Blacklist.
- Open the message Internet Headers, and look for the value of: X-Barracuda-Envelope-From.
- Add the email address (or domain) shown there to the Whitelist.
Note: The actual sending email address of a unwanted message might differ from the one showing in the "From: field". Some Commercial Bulk mail senders (Constant Contact, Retail Stores, Amazon to name a few) may use one-time throwaway addresses. In that case whitelisting/blacklisting the email address won't work. It may be more efficient to try unsubscribing from the list first, only block the domain name if nothing else works.