How to set-up 2-Factor Authentication for your HIS-Hosted Zimbra email account
2-Factor Authentication is an extra layer of security for your email account. With it enabled, to log into your Zimbra account, you need your password and a code generated by your smartphone.
See the 2FA Authenticators Zimbra supports .
To setup 2-Factor authentication in your Zimbra email account:
- Login to your webmail account: https://zmail.his.com/)
- Once logged in go to Preferences > Accounts.
- Scroll down to Primary Account > Account Security.
- Click on the link: Setup two-step authentication.
- Provide your email account password, then click Next: It will display a Key
- If needed: Install an authentication application on your SmartPhone.
- Launch the Application on your SmartPhone. We will use Google Authenticator as example:
- Click + to add a new account
- Enter your email address
- Enter the Zimbra key displayed at step #5, then click Next.
- Enter the code displayed by the Application for this account, then click Next.
- If you entered the code correctly you should see a message saying Success!
After that if you are using other email applications besides Zimbra webmail, you will need to create a Application code to use as password in those.
- Create an Application Code in Zimbra webmail to use for Outlook or Thunderbird..
- Enter the Application code when prompted for password in your email application.
- Save the new password.
You are all set!