Setting up a domain email alias
Some of you have your domain email address forwarding to an @his.com mailbox.
To use the domain email alias, you will need to set the account up first as an IMAP Account with the Primary mail account email@example.com on your phone or iPad.
Then setup an alias using the domain email address.
Here is how to setup the Alias:
iOS 12 and above
- Open Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars (or Accounts & passwords)
- Select an email account.
- In the following screen tap on Account and then tap on Email: You’ll see a screen listing the primary email address and then an entry for Add Another Email.
- Tap that and enter the email address you want to use, then hit the Return key on the keyboard (make sure you do that, because if you navigate away from the screen in any other way, it won’t save).
- When you’ve done that, you should once again see the Add Another Email entry below your new address.
- Now you can back all the way back out.
- Make sure to hit the Done button in the top right corner of the previous screen.
Here is how to set up an alias for iOS Device (iPhone, iPad).
From the home screen, tap Settings and then tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
Under Accounts, tap the account name. Tap it again
In the account settings under POP IMAP Account Information, tap Email.
Tap Add Another Email...
Type the alias email address, then tap the Return key on your keyboard.
The alias email address should now be listed below the primary email address. The blue check mark denotes the primary account. If needed, the primary email address can be changed by tapping the email address. Tap the Account name in the upper left corner to go back.
- Tap Done.