Setting up Mac Mail
Make sure you have all the information you need to set up your account. If you don't, contact HIS Support. You will need to know:
- Your real name (e.g. Jane Doe).
- Your full email address.
- Your password.
- The address of your mail server: mail.his.com.
Manually configuring Mail
- Open Mail (click it on the Dock or open it from the Applications folder).
- Scroll down and choose Add Other Mail Account from the File menu.
- Note: If you have already have another account in Apple Mail, you will need to go to the Mail menu and Add Account to configure your account.
- Fill in:
- Full Name: Enter your name: Jane Doe.
- Email address: Enter your HIS Email Address: <username>@his.com
- Password: Enter your password
- Account Type: IMAP.
- Click on Sign-In. It will display the information you entered with a note "Unable to verify account name or password" which means you have to setup the account manually.
- Incoming Mail Server: mail.his.com
- SSL: Yes (Port 993)
- Outgoing Mail Server: mail.his.com
- SSL: Yes (Port 465)
- Click on Sign-In.
- Select the Apps you want to use: check Mail and Notes.
- Click on Done and it will create the account
- In the Mailbox list on the left select the account you just created and right-click to Edit the account.
- Click on Advanced.
- Path Prefix: enter: INBOX.
- Click on OK.
There are still a few more steps:
After completing these steps you should be able to send and receive email via this account. If you can't send or receive email, contact HIS Email Support at 301-255-0500 Option #2 then #1 for assistance
Have your email address and password on hand.