SMTP SSL Authentication issues with outlook 2007 (Plesk, using IMAP)
Some Outlook 2007 IMAP users have reported issues authenticating to our Plesk mail servers to send mail.
with an error: "This client does not support any of the authentication methods used by this server"
Here is a fix around this issue:
Display your account's outgoing mail (SMTP) settings in Outlook:
- click on the Tools menu, then Account Settings
- Select your email account, and under the Outgoing Server tab
- leave My outgoing server (SMTP) Requires Authentication checked
- change security to TLS (instead of SSL)
- change port to 587 (instead of 25)
This will allow you to authenticate with our servers.