Legacy article: Configuring Outlook 2003 with ZCO, preserving existing Outlook accounts
Zimbra 8.8 does not support ZCO for unsupported Microsoft versions like Outlook 2003
First, install the Zimbra Connector for Outlook (ZCO):
- Go to Tools, and choose E-mail Accounts.
- In the wizard, choose the "Add a new e-mail account" option and press Next.
- On the Server Type screen, choose the last option, "Additional server types," and choose Next.
- Highlight the Zimbra Collaboration Server option and press Next.
The information for the next screen is as follows:
- Server name: dc.his.com (click the "Use Secure Connection" box) - Email address: for example firstname.lastname@example.org - Password: Password: the password assigned to your Zimbra account
- Press Apply, then OK, and restart Outlook.
- Go to the Tools menu again, and choose E-mail Accounts.
- Choose "View or change existing e-mail accounts" and press Next.
- Near the bottom of the screen, there is a line that says "Deliver new e-mail to the following location." From the pulldown menu, choose the Zimbra file.
- Press Finish and restart Outlook again.