Setting up Email in Outlook 2019 - Office365
In Outlook 2019 with the latest Office 365 Make sure to do a manual setup:
By default if you configure the account as IMAP or an Exchange account, Outlook 2019 ask you to enter your full email address and password, then try to connect automatically to mail.
1- In Outlook, click the File tab, then click the Add Account button.
2- Select Manual setup.
3- Select Exchange ActiveSync, click Next.
4- Server Settings:
- Username: your full email address
- Password: Your current password
- Mail Server: Use the HIS server name: zmail.his.com so it will match the secure certificate installed on the server.
5- Click Next, let the server verify.
6- Important: Set the IMAP Root folder:
- Click the File tab, then Account Settings
- Choose your e-mail account, then click Change
- Click More Settings
- Click the Advanced tab
- In the Root folder path type INBOX
- Click OK and Next to save your changes
If you entered the correct credentials and everything is properly configured, you will see a complete status.
A sync process will run automatically, and you will see all of your Zimbra email in Outlook once it is completed.
Note: The initial sync can take a while for big mailboxes (> 5 GB), so make sure to allow a few hours to a day to run.
In the meantime, have people access mail on their old computer or via webmail: https://zmail.his.com.