How to report spam originating Google, Facebook, Yahoo and Hotmail to these providers
Google, Yahoo and Hotmail have zero tolerance towards users who abuse their mail accounts and use it to send unsolicited commercial email to other email users.
Here are a list of links which can be used to report spam to these providers.
- Gmail: http://mail.google.com/support/bin/request.py?hl=en&contact_type=abuse
- Yahoo: http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/ymail/spam.html
- Hotmail: Non- Hotmail customers should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org (Depending on the originating mail domain: hotmail or msn or live). Attach a copy of the spam email to this email and send it.
- Facebook phishing spam: email@example.com
- phishing emails to Phishtank which is managed by OpenDNS – http://www.phishtank.com/
- Report spam emails to spamcop RBL at http://www.spamcop.net/. You need to create an account but its free and most ISPs take action against spamcop submissions.
- Spamlinks maintains a large list of emails addresses and URLs which you can use to report spam – http://spamlinks.net/track-report-addresses.htm